1. I’m linking up to “7 Quick Takes Friday” over at Conversion Diary. So, head on over there and take a look. If you do nothing else, watch Jennifer’s video from a couple of days ago. It’s really short and definitely worth it.
2. I may have already messed up my Lenten sacrifice. The husband left for work at 7:00 AM yesterday (1&1/2 to 2 hrs. before normal). I was up, but foggy. And I forgot to pack his lunch. He says I couldn’t have packed him one because he had a meeting before work and he doesn’t like his lunch to be un-refrigerated for that long. Isn’t he nice? Or maybe he really wanted to eat McDonald’s.
3. I got a new dishwasher for Christmas. I have been underwhelmed by it’s performance. Although it is certainly better than the 15 year old one it replaced. I decided to throw a bunch of stuff with stuck on food in with one of the detergent samples that came with it. It’s called Finish (used to be Electrosol). This is in place of my “eco friendly” detergent. Hello lover! I’m sorry clean water supply. I’m going to run out and buy a huge box of this stuff. No, make that 2 boxes. I just might stockpile this stuff like it’s the Today’s Sponge. (Mom and Kate and anyone who didn’t watch TV in the 90’s: breath deeply and calm down! It was just a Seinfeld reference. I don’t use contraception.)
4. Snowboarders are insane!
5. I didn’t mention it before, but I’m hoping that a side effect of this not eating out will be ass shrinkage. I managed to lose 24 pounds last year. But I put on 3 over the holiday and haven’t lost it yet. And I need to lose way more than 3 pounds.
6. My best friend , Kate a.k.a. Katie a.k.a Julia Sugarbaker, is moving back from Arizona. She might even live in my neighborhood. I get so excited every time I think about it!!!
7. I’m such a bad blogger that I don’t even know how to add pictures to my posts. Maybe by the end of Lent I will figure it out.