It’s Friday and that means it’s 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.
1. One is the number of times the husband ate fast food for dinner this week. I was REALLY unmotivated at the beginning of the week. My cupboards got bare and I became wowed all over again by people who live out in the boonies. Just think how prepared they have to be. I would fail miserably as a country housewife. I’m barely functioning as a city one.
2. Two is the number of pounds I gained this week. If you are wondering how on earth this happened when I’m not eating out, you will understand when you get to number seven.
3. Three is the number of white hairs I yanked out of my head this week. No Kate, I will not be highlighting or coloring my hair…yet!
4. Four is the number of times I should have ridden my bike this week. Zero is the number I did. This probably also contributed to number two.
5. Five is the number of times I was tempted to go to Chick-Fil-A this week. One time I was even in the drive thru. I’m not kidding! I was trying to convince myself that getting a lemonade wouldn’t be cheating. Luckily, God won. I hope I don’t associate Chick-Fil-A with temptation once Lent is over.
6. Six is the number of pages I read this week of the The Brothers Karamozov. I need to read like 100 or more.
7. Seven is the number of pieces of carrot cake I ate this week. It’s probably more, but I’m only copping to seven. There’s only so much I’m willing to admit to the twenty people (Yes, I think we’re up to twenty now!) who read this.
Have a great weekend! One of our nephews is getting confirmed on Monday. We’re really proud of him.