Check out all the links at Conversion Diary.
1. Driving from Texas to Nebraska and back is not fun and I don’t want to do it anymore. Waaaaa! I’ve become a giant baby! I’ve also become a horrible passenger. I was never a great passenger, but ever since I was in a car accident in July of 2008 I have become incredibly scared in the car. Especially in heavy traffic. Poor husband. He’s a pretty patient person, but he’s about had it with me. (We’ll discuss his scary, aggressive driving another time!)
2. If you are going to encourage your mother to buy a table in Texas, you should first figure out how it’s going to get to Nebraska. (I think my step-father would add that you should also be sure the leaves fit together correctly.)
3. It’s dangerous for me to live so close to Wisteria Outlet (source of the above mentioned table). Please join the husband in praying that I do not attend their Garden Sale today.
4. Another reason for our long drive was to transport some artwork. We even got to meet the artist, Anne Burkholder. She is a Nebraska landscape painter. Her paintings make me happy. You can view them here.
5. One of my labradors, Mr. Darcy, is getting even nuttier as he gets older. When I picked him up on Wednesday, he jumped in the car and barked at me. When we got home, he ran around the house and then came back and barked at me. Apparently, our little trip was not okay with him. He has a lot of issues and I don’t think Jane Austen would be flattered with my use of her character’s name. (In case you are wondering, the other lab’s name is Mr. Bingley 🙂 )
6. This has been a strange week for my Lenten sacrifice of not eating out. I did eat out on my road trip on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, the husband worked so late I didn’t have to cook dinner. Last night I fixed a giant omelet. I need to redeem myself by fixing nice meals this weekend. Too bad, I have no idea what those will be.
7. We know three people who are coming into the Catholic church. We are excited for them and grateful to be witnesses to this process year after year. It helps us to be reminded of how thankful we should always be to be members of the body of Christ.
Have a lovely weekend!