This post is linked up to 7 Quick Takes over at Conversion Diary. Please check out all the other links and Jennifer’s post about the Rosary from earlier this week is really good.
1. This week has been really fun for me on this blog. On Monday I posted this before and after, and linked up to a blog called Between Naps On The Porch. I got a lot of great feedback and found a lot of other blogs that I like.
2. This is Mr. Bingley:
He turned 10 years old in November and I’ve had him since he was 8 weeks old. Unfortunately, I’ve seen some signs this week that his age may be catching up with him. I’m calling the vet for an appointment today to have him checked out. But I’m dreading it. I hope I don’t embarrass myself and start crying at the vet’s office if they give me bad news. I’m sure the vet hopes I don’t either. 😦
3. As of my writing this post, I have run once for 30 minutes in my funky new running shoes. If you are wondering what I’m talking about, read this post from earlier this week. The only casualties so far are my big toe on my left foot (blister) and my left ear. Why does Apple make those ear buds so big?
4. The husband has complete control of the movie rental queue. He likes movies a lot and most of the time I don’t care. But everyday more and more crappy movies that I don’t want to see keep coming in the mail. I’m very seriously considering getting my own account. Or even better, watching all the stuff I want to see on pay-per-view. That would really put him around the bend. I’m not kidding! If he has a chance to read this at work today, I will be getting a phone call. It will start out like this, “Honey, don’t be crazy!”. Sorry dear, that ship has sailed!
This is how both of the pots looked on my front porch when I first planted them last spring (I did the other one as a mirror image). I wonder if I can replicate it this year. I have A LOT of gardening to do.
6. Speaking of gardening: Even though everyone was very generous for my birthday this year (Thanks to lots of people that I owe thank you notes to!), I didn’t get enough in money and gift certificates to get my bathroom counter top (see this for explanation). So, do I keep saving up? Or spend it on stuff that I need right now like gardening supplies and light fixtures? I’m really torn about what to do.
7. Earlier this week the husband and I celebrated our 14 year anniversary. I’m really, very blessed. Sometimes I get scared that I don’t appreciate all the great things in my life enough. So, here it is in writing. On Friday, April 16, 2010, I am aware of my blessings and I appreciate them!
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and appreciates all the great things about their lives.
***Editor’s Note*** Wow! I really got a bit cheesy there at the end. Oh well. I guess that’s how I roll today.