I haven’t done one of these in a very, very long time. This is linked up to 7 Quick Takes over at Conversion Diary.
1. My life has become very boring, and I have nothing to blog about.
2. It’s July in Texas and my sprinkler system is turned off. I’m starting to think the rain may never stop. It rained four different times on Thursday alone. This is Texas, not England!!!
3. The Emmy nominations just came out and my favorite show got ignored. Justified on FX is the best show I’ve seen debut in years. The Emmy people have problems.
4. Continuing on with H-Wood having issues: Michael Moore was just elected to the AMPAS (Oscars) Board of Governors. I’m still ticked off about all the lies and tricks in Bowling For Columbine. He’s never getting out of my dog house.
5. I’m getting new counter tops in two of my bathrooms. The surfaces are small enough that I’m able to get remnants, instead of having to buy entire slabs. One is for the bathroom attached to the guest room and the other is for the powder room. Unfortunately, I’m not doing the master bathroom. And probably won’t be for a very long time. Maybe sometime I’ll get desperate enough for a blog post that I’ll put a picture on here. I’ll warn you right now, it’s a big, ugly behemoth.
6. One of the new counter tops is quartz and the other is marble. I know many of you are saying, “Where’s the granite?”. And I’m saying there is miles of it in my kitchen and every other house in the country. I’m over it! I want to see some different surfaces. I’m not replacing what’s in the kitchen. I do actually like the granite in my kitchen. But… It’s like there’s no imagination anymore. Only get granite if you actually like it, not because you think you have to!
7. One of those bathrooms must be painted before the new counter goes in. I bought the paint, but I’ve procrastinated on the painting all week. It must get done this weekend!
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Please pray for the queen of procrastination (me), and my poor husband who gets roped into my projects. 🙂