This post is linked up with 7 Quick Takes Friday over at Conversion Diary.
1. The husband had an article published in a professional journal. Yeah him!
Are you impressed with with my ability to redact? I think I should give a seminar. Anyone from WikiLeaks out there? Seriously, call me. I can totally hook you up – extra paper, markers, white out. Whatever it takes, so you don’t get people killed.
2. I had to go to Container Store for the husband. Of course, I couldn’t leave without buying stuff for the house. Here is the result:
I’m a bad blogger, so I forgot to take a before picture. If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, I’m sure you’ll believe me when I say it wasn’t pretty. I already owned everything except for these:
And this frog:
***Special Note To People I Know Who Smoke****
If you put ashes in my pretty frog, bad things will happen.
3. I switched milk brands this week. My regular brand had an expiration date of 9/11. I know it’s crazy, but I just couldn’t put it in my cart.
4. I saw a friend’s husband at a meeting on Monday. He brought me this card from their youngest, whom I have ridiculously not seen for over a year:
I’m quite proud that I didn’t cry. It was a close call.
5. Thanks to everyone who weighed in on the rug.
I have decided that it is in fact too small. Never fear, I believe I have found it a new home in the husband’s office. Special thanks to Amanda at AB Home Interiors, who took the time to give her professional opinion. She’s a designer, and it’s beyond the call of blog friend for her to take time and weigh in on stuff that she should get paid for. It’s much appreciated.
6. Mr. Bingley went to the vet this week for a regular check up. He’s doing well. As usual, he gave himself an arthritis attack by getting too excited to see everybody and jumping all over the place. I keep telling him, “You’re ten!”. But he never listens.
7. We’re going out to dinner this weekend with two different sets of friends. I’m really looking forward to the great food and great conversation!
Have a lovely weekend everyone, and try not to melt.