It’s 7:20 on a Monday morning. I’ve been up for at least 30 minutes. I haven’t posted to this blog for nearly a week. This lack of postings is a bit unusual for me. I almost always have something to say. When I try to think of what I want to write today, a jumble of unrelated things keep running through my head.
1. If you are going to be a Walmart shopper,and I am one, it’s best to go at least once or twice a month to keep up your tolerance. What do I mean by this smart ass remark? Well, there are several things you need to be used to, to shop at Wally World. a. There will almost always be too few check out lanes open. Waiting in line so long that you are sure the CIA is using Walmart as a secret psychological torture lab, is a frequent occurrence. b. The people. I know this is going to sound snotty, and I guess it is. But sometimes Walmart looks like a sideshow from the circus. I’m sure there are times that I have contributed to this “look” as well. I had to go to Walmart on Saturday because they have chicken broth with no onion (see #2). Even though I usually hit Walmart once or twice a month, I hadn’t been for seven or eight weeks. Breaking the Walmart fast on a Saturday afternoon is not a good idea. My Walmart tolerance had clearly gone down in the last two months of absence. I was a bit freaked out by the time I left.
2. Mr. Darcy is a very sick dog. We don’t know what the actual problem is. He went to the vet over a week ago. We saw our regular vet’s partner and I think I did not do a good job of conveying to her how serious I thought this was. And she did not handle things as I think my vet would have. So we are going back this afternoon. Basically, he stopped eating his food a couple of weeks ago. But I didn’t realize until one day I was shocked to notice that he looked really skinny and Mr. Bingley was looking a bit chunky. Clearly, someone was having little or no meals each day, and someone was having seconds. Mr. Darcy looks like skin and bone, doesn’t have the energy to play which is his favorite thing, and doesn’t even want to go on walks half the time. He has completely rejected his very expensive food that he has eaten for the last 3 or 4 years and is finally keeping down rice in chicken broth and canned food from Newman’s Own Organics. I am currently watching like a hawk during each meal. 🙂
3. A friend of mine sent this article out on email a while ago. I’ve been thinking about it ever since. I think it’s a great idea to ask myself those three questions: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? I think I definitely fail on the kindness and necessary front. And because I like to rationalize my own behavior, I would like to add: Is it funny? Also, I’ve been telling myself that as long as you can answer yes to two out of the three (or 4 if you add mine) questions, then you’re good. But that sort of defeats the purpose. Sigh… I have a lot of work to do.
4. My nephew would have been 12 years old today.
5. Our friends, D & J were here for a couple of days with their kids. We had a great time and are so thankful that they came to visit. The weather was beautiful and we were able to have the back door open and sit out on the patio a lot. Being able to hang out with people you have known for for more than half your life is a wonderful thing. Along those same lines, one of my oldest and dearest friends is probably going to come and visit soon. I’m so excited!
6. My dad is here visiting, and golfing. He loves to golf and sometimes needs to escape his city that is further north to come here and golf in our comparative warmth. We are having above average temps, so the weather is definitely cooperating. We saw the The Eagle last night. Pretty good. We all liked it. Channing Tatum was good and so was the guy who plays his slave.
7. I still have lots of projects to finish that I left hanging before Christmas last year. Please pray for me that I get my butt in gear and get them done. It’s really getting ridiculous. One project involves a carpenter who has been waiting for my call for over two months to come and install stuff that I still have not purchased. Ahhhh!
8. The husband and I are loving the new season of Justified. Timothy Olyphant is awesome as usual and so is the writing. I still think Fox is trying to kill Fringe with it’s move to Friday night. And I am also concerned that Fox just showed the season finale of Human Target last week. What does it mean when they have the finale in February? It can’t be good. I don’t know how or why Fox went from being a fledgling network that would give shows a chance to an idiot company that tries to kill ( and succeeds at it) it’s good shows all the time. They have some serious issues over there. And they own FX, which makes me scared for Justified. Okay, enough time and energy talking about TV shows.
9. I missed my blogoversary. Ten days ago was the first anniversary of this blog. I only know because I looked back this morning. Some blogs do cool things on their blogoversary, like giveaways and really interesting posts. I don’t.
10. Mondays are so not my favorite, but I’m in a pretty good mood this morning. I hope you are too, and that you have a great week!