Here is what’s bugging me:
1. No one can figure out what’s wrong with Mr. Darcy (labrador). He seemed to be on the mend when we left for Florida. But my feeding instructions were somewhat ignored and when we came back, he was too skinny again. He has thrown up 15 times over the weekend. I see a specialty vet clinic in my future. My wallet is terrified.
2. I had a conversation in Florida with a college student who thinks that none of Jane Austen’s heros are masculine. This student has not read all of her books. But the fact that he has read Pride and Prejudice, and has this opinion is very disturbing to me. It is disturbing on two fronts: a. that this opinion exists, and b. that a young man going to a school where I would generally agree with their philosophy, and brought up I assume (big assumption!) in a household where I would generally agree with their thoughts and opinions, thinks Fitzwilliam Darcy is not masculine! What is the world coming to?
PS If you haven’t availed yourself of the wonders of Jane Austen yet, get thine arse to the book store immediately!
3. I am such a bad procrastinator that I am blogging, and even more amusing, reading an article on procrastination, in order to avoid all of my chores.
4. One of my fingernails is painted the wrong color. I failed to convince the girl at the nail place that she was using a different color when she repaired one of my nails. Now I have one nail that’s not the same as the other nine. I can’t figure out how I could have done it differently. Unless I got witchy with her, which seems a ridiculous waste of energy. It’s just a different shade of pale pink, so I’m sure I’m the only one who notices. Although, even the husband could tell when I showed him.
5. I have all sorts of decorating ideas that I would like to use in the house. But everywhere I turn there is a project having to do with the structure of the house that needs doing. This is very annoying. I know, I know. The price of home ownership is not just the mortgage. But fixing leaks and patching holes, etc… is not fun and it’s not pretty. (So says the spoiled housewife.)
Happy Monday! 😉 Feel free to chime in with whatever is bugging you.