This post is linked up to Conversion Diary.
1. Happy April Fool’s Day and happy birthday to me! I’m not fooling about the birthday, but I might be about the happy part. 😉
2. I may have found a Bailey chair for Mr. Darcy (see previous post). It’s in the SF Bay area, so we’ll see if we can actually get it here.
3. Until I can find a chair, I have to feed him on the stairs with his food above him. Then I have to try and hold him in place for 15 minutes after he’s done. I’ve only made it 8 minutes so far. It’s hard!
4. I showed the husband a purse on Ebay last month that I wanted. He claims that he didn’t act fast enough and it sold to someone else. I keep thinking he’s joking, but he swears he didn’t get it. I’ve never seen another one, so that’s it for the purse. Oh well, it’s just a thing. Right? Right????
5. How are you doing on your Lenten sacrifice? I’m doing okay on mine, but not great. I’ve definitely slipped a few times. Mostly in the form of soda. It’s very difficult to stay awake during the day, when I am not sleeping through the night due to the sick dog. I really, really need to learn to like black coffee. I know I’ve said that I want to kick the caffeine habit, but that seems improbable and possibly dangerous at the moment.
6. My veterinarian just called while I was writing this. He told me on Tuesday that he would call me on Wednesday. He didn’t. I called him yesterday. He was off. When he called me this morning, he said “I’m returning your call”. And then there was this big pause, like a big unspoken “What do you want? “. I am very annoyed right now.
7. Our newest nephew and God-child is being Baptized this weekend. Happy un-heathen day to Michael Patrick!
I hope you have a lovely weekend.
PS I have to add this even though it’s technically No. 8: Our insurance agent just called my cell phone and left me a Happy Birthday message. It would be only a bit odd if I knew him, but I’ve never met the man. He just took over our agent’s accounts a couple of months ago. Does it mean that I am too cynical, that I think this is bizarre?